Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Taco Truck of God





I've been "off"...


Unsettled...


Quicker to snap...less joyful...more involved in activities that make me "float"...


1 am last night finds me with a babe beside me and a cry in my heart...for Him...


I am struck by the pure realization that I cannot allow one single day without his utter guidance and relationship...


I have gotten up this week and spent time in devotions, blogs centered around him, and SMALL sections of the love letter He wrote to me...AHA!


It's like my Laine...I could probably leave her in the house for a few days and she could (flounderingly...YES I know this is not a word) provide her basic needs and survive...Yet, she wasn't created to survive AND she was created for me to protect, love, and be in relationship with her. I fulfill her needs at this point in life. 


Same with God. I can get out there and feed off blogs and well written articles by fellow God Lovers (and I do, and they propel me) but at the end of the day I need Him. In LARGE quantities. I wasn't created to survive...I was created to wring the life out of this world one awesome day at a time!


Matthew 5 leads me this morning to deep pastures of peace with my Lover:



 3"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.
 4"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.
 5"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.
 6"You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat.


Wow.


Sometimes we have to come back to the source. Even when we've only been starving ourselves for a few days. We're not good enough, smart enough, and doggone it...not enough people like us without Him (Thank you Stuart Smalley for that SNL inspiration), for us to find sustenance outside of His table. Why would we anyway? The BEST MEAL YOU'LL EVER EAT?!!? Come on' can I get a witness?!!? :-)


I'm gettin' back on track. I'm in the midst of a major restructure of my home...er room...I share with my babes. I'm working through my materialism addiction (More to come on that). I'm taking a FaceBook break and I'm enjoy the days of summer with my babes. After my relationship with Him, they are second. 






I'll never have these days again...I can't afford to eat "junk food". 


Don't get me wrong...I'll still be reading my favorite blogs. I'll still be reading a massive amount of books every week. I'll still be reading CNN.com. These things feed my brain and soul.


I just won't let those things come first. I'll keep feeding at the cool taco truck of God. The rest will be desert :-)


Grace N Peace,


A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment