Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Lover







The ink sinks into my skin...runs and he wipes the excess clean with his cloth...


I close my eyes...determined to stay present in the moment and attached to the thought of my Lover...


I whisper mind prayers...love notes to this Savior..."I. Am. Yours."


He whispers back..."You. Are. Mine."


I want to weep as I realize the ultimate depths of His unfailing love affair with me...


The only love affair that I have been engaged in that has not left me deflated...wandering...longing for more...


He relentlessly pursues me...calls my name in the night..."Come..."


And when I come to him in the darkness...He never turns me away...arms always open...consistently waiting to embrace me...


As I sit this morning...nursing my coffee...musing about life...I am often drawn to tears...


Because I realize that this walk with my Lover is paved with decisions that I probably most often wouldn't make without Him...


Decisions I would selfishly engage in and follow with my flesh...engagements that would excite my flesh and thrill the the human soul with delicacies only possible without Him...


But I look to the ink...the ink of the written pages...and I'm reminded again...I am not my own...and I must make the hard decisions again and again...sometimes the lonely decisions...to commune exclusively...and forsake other lovers that vie for my attentions and affections...


I begin to read in Isaiah 43...I'm smitten...all over again...tears well...and I shut my eyes...lay mussed head on the leather and say..."I'm yours. What would you have me to do?"


I listen...and I comply...


I look to the ink again...this time on my wrist...and I am reminded...I. Am. His. 






"His" is a place that is fearless but sometimes lonely...I pay a price to go to the deep places with Him...because others cannot go with us...Lovers cannot invite a third...but the loneliness is of THIS world...this lover...Oh He is other-worldy...forever supplying the love that my soul craves...I am His.


1But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. (Isaiah 43:1)


Grace n Peace,


A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment