Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Joss Stone...The Voice of Jesus? :-)

(Disclaimer: For the record...I count my story as a total lightweight compared to some of yours. I am thrilled to carry my load as opposed to the load some of you beautiful people carry. I have encountered "light" burdens compared to the sufferings of this world. This is just a story about my small sufferings and others opinions towards it. Jules, thanks for the inspiration. You believe in me. It's very, very cool. and YOU are too.)



Joss Stone. Inspiration for my daily blog? Really?


Tis' true you spiritual guru's...God can work through anyone, anything, anywhere...It's just how cool He really is...


I was seated on my couch that I go to for devotional time...reviewing inspirations...and I get a text from my friend Jules...It says "Listen to Joss Stone...Bruised but not broken. Clear the area...u going doooown!!"


At first, I fell out laughing. Then (given this woman knows her stuff and my story) I instantly download the song.


She's right.


Clear the area.


But not how you would imagine...


I've had a journey of heartaches. No doubt. I've been one of those stories that people whisper behind you "God love her...she's all alone with those babies. She's so STRONG."


Yes. Oh Yes.


I've had to accept numerous offers of help and assistance. Outpourings of love but crushing to the ego.


I've had to let my dreams of what I thought God promised me die. In order to form new dreams.


Yet...here's the deal...It's been AMAZING!!!


I actually crack up at the whispers. The "poor hers"...The "She's so strong (Blah)"...The "Great things ahead for yous"...


Because while people look at the happenings in my life as negatory and hurtful...my God...THEY ARE BLESSINGS!!!


I am surrounded by all types of people...and I watch...I listen...and some are so encumbered by the weight of their "dreams"...It breaks me...


I'm free! It has taken 20 years and many tears, stumbling, embarrassments...but I'm free. I am not weighted to a "dream" that is based on status quo...based on the "American Dream"...


God. Had. A. BIGGER. Dream.


Just...for me.


And it's pretty rockin'!!!


Know what the beginning of that dream was? HIM.


I lost every dream I thought I wanted....to gain the ultimate dream reality. HIM!


I'm WINNING!!! (Thanks Charlie :-) )


So...long story short...sometimes we have grandiose visions of perfect relationships, big homes, loads of Jimmy Choos, perfect bodies...and all the while...God has a bigger sumpin' sumpin' waiting in the wings...and after we mourn the loss of the former...HIS later gift of HIM and HIS dreams...absolutely blows those Choo Shoes right out of the boat...


Keep Truckin' friends...He's got bigger things for you.


Grace n Peace,


A ~


"Bruised But Not Broken"

Been alot that I've been through
I cried a tear a time or two
Baby, you know I cried some over you, yeah
Had my heart kicked to the ground
Love ripped me up and tore me down, baby

But that ain't enough to break me
Cuz I'll rise above it
And I'll pick myself up
And I'll dust the pain off my heart

[CHORUS]
And I'll be alright
And I'll love again
And the wounds will mend
I'm bruised but not broken
And the pain will fade
I'll get back on my feet
It's not the end of me
My heart is still open
I'm bruised but not broken

Been alot of tears stained nights
I thought the tears were here for life, baby
The hurt came on and held on tight, yeah
Took a chance, I took a fall
Love broke my heart and shattered all my dreams
But I won't be down on my knees
Cuz I'll rise above it
And I'll pick myself up
And I'll shake the rain out of my heart

[CHORUS]
And I'll be alright
And I'll love again
And the wounds will mend
I'm bruised but not broken
And the pain will fade
I'll get back on my feet
It's not the end of me
My heart is still open
I'm bruised but not broken

Gonna pick my heart up
Take my life back
Shake the hurt away
Pull myself together, put the pieces back in place
I learned love's so hard
Love left my soul scarred
I was shattered inside

[CHORUS]
And I'll be alright
And I'll love again
And the wounds will mend
I'm bruised but not broken
And the pain will fade
I'll get back on my feet
It's not the end of me
My heart is still open
I'm bruised but not broken 

No comments:

Post a Comment