Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mission of Motherhood

Hi friends! I've been MIA for a couple of weeks. Whew!

What a whirlwind! I've had such beautiful moments. Grateful.

I've received the acceptance letter into my RN program. Huge moment. I had to stop and breathe a moment and take it in. These moments don't come often. They must be savored.

So the last 6 days I spent with a rowdy group of 5 children ranging from age 1 to age 8.5. It was AMAZING.

I am reminded in these moments that I truly adore being a mother. I was with one of my dearest friends Chrysta and we just had the best time...living out life with one another and our 5 children.

I watched this mother of 3 young boys extend grace, love, and peace in ways that are only exhibited in a follower of Christ. She mirrored the Gospel to them in every way. I was filled with love for this family. My family although not of blood origin. This. This is the meaning of living out life.

It is discipling children together. It is cleaning messy floors together. It is giving your best foods to another family. It is messy. It is intentional. It is fullness of the love Christ mirrored.

I began reading "The Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson last night. Amazing.

She states "He (Jesus) chose to tie the chords of his heart to theirs with the strong and unbreakable bond of a loving, serving relationship. Jesus spent the last night on earth with his disciples in service to them...Jesus showed us the power of a different kind of leadership. He lived with his disciples. He was with them when they were joking, tired, angry, clever, questioning. He walked with them in the presence of Pharisees and religious leaders as well as in the quiet of their own homes."

What a glorious portrait of Motherhood from a Father...Jesus. He taught us how to love our children by loving His twelve disciples. He served them. Corrected them. Washed their dusty feet. Fed them. When he was undoubtedly tried and wanted to rest, He served.

Amazing.

I'm loving this journey of the thirties with my babes...my friends...my family...and my God. It is one of servitude, humility, and expectancy.

I'm thrilled I get to live it out with such good peeps.

Grace n Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment