Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

DISCRETION is NOT OPTIONAL!!!!!!!!

I was perusing CNN.com late last night and I came across the Joy Behar interview with KISS front man, Gene Simmons and his partner of 28 years Shannon Tweedy. They have had a reality show on A & E for a few years I believe. I've watched it.

The Simmons family comes across as fun loving, committed, and happy. Shannon and Gene have two grown children together.

Back to the interview...apparently Gene sleeps with women all over and has throughout the duration of the relationship. Shannon is done. She actually walked off the set in anger. How sad.

Believe me, I have no judgement for Shannon's choices as I have had to make hard ones myself and often they were not correct. But the situation saddened me deeply.

Here is this beautiful, smart, loving woman...who has given 28 years of her heart and life to a man that could not keep his sexual desires and practices within the confines of marriage. (Even though he never married Shannon)

I shudder to think that other women out there are making similar choices...out of "love"....

I don't know what led Shannon to stay within her relationship...I respect her choices. However, I hope that we will begin to see a surge of God-worth and God-love amongst this new generation of informed, smart, devoted women who will stop the madness.

God loves us. He really is enough. Choices that wreck the body and soul of a woman should not be repeated. I pray we begin to see a wave of understanding and acceptance of ourselves in God so that these types of situations are annihilated. Yes. Annihilated.

God wants his children to live loved. I truly believe He wants ALL of us to live fulfilled and treasured. We don't have to be in a relationship to get these treasures...God is enough all on his own.

Proverbs 11:22 Says "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, So is a lovely woman who lacks discretion."

Lack of discretion does not have to only mean sexual imprudence or a mouth that runs haywire...It can also mean a lack of discretion to protect oneself from people and situations that devalue you. I've watched some of the most beautiful women allow their discretion to "lack" because they couldn't stand the thought of losing...

Losing "him"....

Losing "face"...

Losing "lifestyle"...

Losing "spirituality"...

Discretion means listening within to God's workings and movings...and HEEDING. Worth requires hard choices and standing strong sometimes. But when you really believe God says you're worth it...then you have no other choice.

I love you all...Be Discretionary to yourselves...Love yourself through God's eyes...the rest is cherries!

Grace N Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment