Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rowdy Crowd of Emergent Disciples


"Who knows of the possibilities of love when men and women share not only children, house and garden, but the fulfillment of their biological roles, but the responsibilities and passions of the work that creates the human future. It has barely begun the search of women for themselves."
Betty Freidan


I've always been a bit of a radical...OK a LOT of a radical...
I've often gone against the grain for what I believed to be true and right...even if the crowd didn't...
It's not often fun and definitely not popular...
It also hasn't fit in with the "religious" ideologies set out for women...

Speaking your mind and using your voice can be frowned upon those of us with ovaries...
We've had to learn to walk silent and speak when given the opportunity...
Yet..there is a shift...a new emergence of men and women that are joining together...
Equality within the body of believers...working alongside to rid injustice, racism, and oppression...

Seems this generation and the one coming up are more concerned with justice than gender...
With spreading life rather than ideologies...
Working alongside rather than separating into rooms to devise what to do with each "group"...
It's time. It's refreshing. It's His way.

I'm convinced our Savior doesn't care who does or how His lost lambs get pulled from the thicket...
He just wants them untangled.
I think he's looking down on this new emergent group of disciples and thinks to himself...
"THAT. Is my church. In whom I am well pleased."

But it's only the beginning. With organizations such as A21, Living Hope Water, and Compassion International, there is much opportunity to get involved and use our voices.
I just choose to believe that the more we work alongside...the louder of collaborative voice becomes...and not only do we shake Heaven's gates with our requests for justice...we also shake the earth with a new gang of rowdy disciples that show compassion, humanity, devotion, fierce commitment, and an all out war on the injustice of our poor, our broken, our lost, our abandoned. our fatherless, our used, our abusers, our abused, our incarcerated, our enslaved...

We will win as one voice. We will untangle. We will. Together. 


Isaiah 1:17-18
17 Learn to do right; seek justice. 
   Defend the oppressed.[a] 
Take up the cause of the fatherless; 
   plead the case of the widow.

 18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” 
   says the LORD. 
“Though your sins are like scarlet, 
   they shall be as white as snow; 
though they are red as crimson, 
   they shall be like wool.



Grace n Peace,


A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment