Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Enough.

Thursdays are the bomb.

Every Thursday I run out to my car and feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders...for the next eight hours.

I go to school 10 hrs a day Monday through Thursday. Then, I work 12 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday. It gets tiring. I don't tell you that for sympathy (although as I type this I must admit I did feel a little sorry for myself ;-) ). I tell you that to show you why Thursdays from 4:30 to 9:00 pm are bliss.

I get to let it all go. Tests are behind me. I don't have to study again till tomorrow (even though a more studious student would study tonight). I get to sit in the sunshine, drink coffee, reflect on the week and enjoy my girls. Perfection.

Enough. Thursdays...are the "enough". Thursdays are what make every other moment building up to them tolerable...enjoyable...and important. Thursdays are the grace in the storm.

We're on day 2 of Lent and the overriding theme I feel in my heart is "enough". Live with enough. Enough with our slavery. Enough with our losing to sin. Enough with the injustice of the world. Enough.

Christ gave it all up so we could live in "enough". So we could say "enough". So we would be provided "enough". So we would provide others with "enough".

It's like my Thursdays...when we strip away all the busyness and the noise. Stop and rest. Take inventory. We realize that what makes us happy...What makes us sated...What makes us fulfilled...is living in the land of "enough".

When we have too much...when we live too busy...when we don't give back...we tell God His "enough" isn't good enough and we lose the privilege of the lifestyle of "enough".

When we move into the lifestyle of "more"...We lose Him. We lose His kingdom. We lose others.

Living the life of enough is like that sprint I make to my car every Thursday at 4:30 pm...It's exciting. It's rewarding. It takes hard work to accomplish it. But when you find yourself in it...It's pure bliss. The ultimate lifestyle we were created to live. Isn't that so much better than stuff and time wasters?

As I end this blog my heart is swelling in exaltation...I have four unfettered hours with which to do nothing but enjoyable, treasured happenings...I'm in love with Thursday's...I'm in love with Jesus...I'm grateful for enough. Because after all...

Enough is Enough.

Grace n Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment