Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beautiful Soul Departing...

Gnarly scars where each breast should be...
Skin stretched tight over cheekbones revealing a face that has fought long and hard...
Legs so thin and frail she cannot pick them up on her own...
Hair cropped and sparse...lips dry and cracked...

I speak...touch her arm lightly...whisper words hoping somehow to help...
She responds with grace...it unravels me...to my core...
This moment is sacred...
I know she is in transition and I am humbled to dwell in her space...

She floats in and out and each time I touch...she responds...kindly...gingerly...
I look upon her as she sleeps and think to myself "You are beautiful."
Balance of this life moving towards death is almost tangible...I can feel it...sense it...breathe it...

I check in on her one last time before I leave...I have 30 uninterrupted minutes...I linger...not wanting to leave her alone...hovering bedside wanting to hold her in my arms and rock her...
I sit down and begin to pray...silent...slow prayers...asking Him to transition her towards Him...
Proclaiming peace in this place...love...acceptance of the process...
I am grateful to have shared these moments with her...

I walk out to my car and ponder the beauty of this moment...while most would fear it and feel it morbid...I felt so privileged to have shared the space of this beautiful soul...to have been able to whisper to Him about her...with her...what beauty there is in a Saviour that is close even in distasteful journeys...
He is...

Grace n Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment