Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ripples and Wrinkles...



All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am...

I listen to these words from Brandi Carlile as I get dressed in the mirror...I stop and think about the fine lines around my 34.75 year old eyes...the crease around my lip line from where I've slept on the same side for most of my life...the tears that have produced the under eye bags...the raucous laughter that has produced the wrinkles...the stray grays...

I take it all in with no particular thought...no particular emotion...I partner with the thought that I am mother to a nine year old daughter now who needs me yet is her own person hood...I am proceeding the path...

I partner in that moment with the realization that I've lived long enough to have regrets...that I've lived long enough to make memories...I've lived long enough to learn a few things...

I realize in these moments my mortality...the infallible proof that we will all age more quickly than slowly...the fact that we will all have grown children faster than having babies...and that...Life is completely flighty, fast, and unkind in the area of time...

We will all wake up and be old one day...then we will not wake up...

Morbid a bit I know...but these realizations do not threaten me...they do not produce sadness (OK well the ones about my babies...)...they produce a fortitude...a resilience...

Tread on...Forge on...Chart the uncharted waters...

One minute life can produce such wonderful, beautiful ripples in the ocean of humanity...

Do all you can.

Love your God.

Kiss your babies more than they want.

Tell your friends you love them and are proud of their ripples more than you think they need to hear.

Live with gratitude rather than regret.

Praise everyone for everything even when you think they cannot hear.

Smile.

Study hard. Work hard.

Live the simple life unencumbered by stuff and "too much" so you can truly be free.

Simply put: LIVE.

Make wrinkles and ripples...

Grace n Peace...

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment