Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Takin' the long way to my miracle...

"Sometimes God asks His friends for favors...like taking the long way..." Charlotte Gambill 

She spoke it...My insides went to mush...

You see I didn't realize I've been holding back...I didn't realize I've been explaining "why" for the events of my life...

I was like Martha, the sister of Lazarus...explaining events with scripture...explaining deaths in my life with understanding of a good Christian gal...

God doesn't need my scriptures...He doesn't need my explanations...He needs me to take the long way to my miracle...

I don't ask "why" per se...but I did see within myself where I've "quit" on certain aspects of my life because I thought they had been negated...because surely if they were to be...then THESE things wouldn't have happened...

Then Charlotte said that line...and I crawled back in His lap and laid my head on His chest...all fell away and I was set free again...from myself and my explanations for the events of my life...

It became very clear. It became very simple.

Maybe God is using my life to include others.

Pure.

Simple.

Because IF my miracle had been instantaneous...I couldn't take anyone with me...

Only when our miracle is birthed on the long way home...do we meet others...and share the journey and miracle with them...

God only asks this of friends....

He asks His friends for this favor....

"Will you believe in me? Will you do me a favor and let me use you to include others in a miracle?"

Sometimes...He allows things, people, relationships, jobs, etc. to die...so He can raise them up again...

"Great is your reward in Heaven..."

If I received all instantaneous miracles from Him...I would have no rewards in Heaven because there would be no opportunity for reaping provision, harvest, community, and others on the path...

How powerful...

How amazing...

How humbled I feel...

This God...MY God...counts me as a friend...enough to take me on the long way home...

I love Him...I love you all...

Grace n Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment