Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Sunday, August 21, 2011

HIS Great things...

I'm forever being challenged and confronted with the American dream...


I sat in my car blinking back tears as I pondered the poverty and hunger within my own home state of Arkansas...


I went inside and put my face in the carpet (seems I need to do this often) and wept for those who will be hungry today...I asked him to help me help...this one...let this one make a difference for one more...


See five minutes before on my drive to church I found myself conducting internal dialog with God...I said to Him inwardly..."I have great things to do I feel...where are they?" (Pride?)


He said "I want you to do things in MY version of great..."


Wow. 


Then I pull into the parking lot and read my printed information on Arkansas Rice Depot:


Arkansas Poverty Facts

  • 18% of population live below the Federal Poverty Average
  • The 4th poorest state, 503,000 Arkansans live in poverty. 25% of those living in poverty are children.
  • In fact, Arkansas has more hungry children than any other state in America.
  • The average income of a Food For Seniors recipient is $79/month, after rent and utilities are paid

I wept for my fellow Arkansans...I wept for young and old alike...I wept over my desires to go to Africa to help others when there is almost a quarter of MY state's population starving...

HIS idea of great...I've got to accomplish THAT...Not mine...

I don't have to travel with Compassion International...(although I want to)

I do have to look around me...It's the mandate of Christ...throughout the Gospels we see the early church did much ministering around the dinner table...How can we adequately share the love if they are so hungry they cannot hear?

We are going to help change the statistics. Our church is getting involved and reaching out. We're going to do food drives. We are going to get food into hungry kids backpacks. We're going to help make a difference if only to one.

My dear friend is doing a drive at her church. Her husband is thinking of donating profits from his business. THIS...THIS is the great things He dreams of for us to do...

Reach one...Feed one...Love one...

Grace n Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment