Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

SOAR...(not Score...well I guess we actually DO score...I digress)

I've found myself in Isaiah this week...digging...trying to understand the background through commentaries (which admittedly is TOTALLY not this butterfly's style)


I wanted to get it...the context...who these beautiful verses were for and how it applies to me now...


I think what I've found is that basically the book is mostly about a people lost in their sinfulness and a God angered, hurt and disappointed by them. (If there's more...and I'm sure there is...give me your insights). 


God continuously through the book tries to reconcile these people to Himself. They are hard hearted and needy. Searching everywhere but Him.


Hmmmm....sound familiar? 


I read Isaiah 52-55 tonight and was so filled with the beauty of the book. The writer composes this chapter of History as poetry almost...


I read it in the New King James and The Message...both equally compelling...


When I came to chapter 55 (New King James Version)...I swelled...


“Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
      Come to the waters;
      And you who have no money,
      Come, buy and eat.
      Yes, come, buy wine and milk
      Without money and without price.
       2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
      And your wages for what does not satisfy?
      Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
      And let your soul delight itself in abundance." 



Let me point out the words I LOVE: 


HO (Just kidding)
Everyone
No Money
Eat
Does not satisfy
Delight
Abundance


Can you relate to any of these words? (sans Ho)


We have just lost our AAA rating...everyone is on edge...rumors of wars...famine...poverty...sexualization of an entire culture...abuse...crime...desperation...


When I see a passage that includes EVERYONE...those without...to come and eat...for no cost...invited to delight...in ABUNDANCE...


I soar inside. 


How beautiful is this God. This EVERLASTING God. Yes this passage was for another time and another people...but I choose to believe that this God who never changes...this God who is completely impartial...this God still extends this invitation to us today...SOAR...


He goes on later in the chapter to say:


So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
      It shall not return to Me void,
      But it shall accomplish what I please,
      And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
       12 “ For you shall go out with joy,
      And be led out with peace;
      The mountains and the hills
      Shall break forth into singing before you,
      And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 



Words I love:


Not return void
Accomplish
Prosper
Joy
Led with peace
Singing
Trees (guilty pleasure no spiritual meaning :-) )


So...in this world of broken homes and lives...bills unable to be paid...bodies broken and diseased...hearts forever tormented and bruised...


In this world, there is a God that once told the people He loved...I'm not allowing my words to come back without fullness and accomplishment. I'm going to let you prosper with joy and be led by peace. When you walk through the land, mountains and hills (mute objects of nature) will sing to you. 


Wow. SOAR. 


How this passage feeds me...whatever the different interpretations of this passage might be...it feeds me...


Because this wonderful God who loves us...He NEVER changes...


And if he NEVER changes...I just believe He still offers such delicacies to this modern day people of His heart...


SOAR. 


What a beautiful Lord...


Grace n Peace,


A ~


If I'm totally off in the theology...I apologize in advance :-) Theologian I am not. God Lover I am :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment