Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Destroying my life from within...

You are making me new...You make me new....You are making me new...

Gungor plays...I read...

"Destroying your life from within." James 5:3 (The Message)

The passage is talking about greed for money...riches...yet couldn't it apply anywhere?

Don't I have sole responsibility for my inward life?

The rehearsed lines of woe or triumph? The lies or truths?

Doesn't the destruction of a day begin within my mind? The destruction of relationships with a thought led to a untamed word slipped from an untrained tongue?

You are making me new...You make me new...You are making me new...


"Take the old prophets as your mentors. They put up with anything, went through everything, and never once quit, all the time honoring God. What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You've heard, of course, of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together at the end. That's because God cares, cares right down to the last detail." James 5:10-11

You make beautiful things...You make beautiful things out of the dust...You make beautiful things out of us...


I hate those freakin' prophets for putin' up with anything and going through EVERYTHING without quitting...I mean SERIOUSLY? NEVER quit?

Yet it seems that their mere staying power...the staying on the running track of life without stopping and sitting on the green grass got them to God...

Is that all it takes? Staying the course? What about abundant life?

I think some days...IT IS simply your staying power and not folding and destroying your life from within is all you can do...

Other days...abundant life filled with flowers and butterflies...

But on the days where I begin to destroy my life from the inside...I must sit down with my God...turn on my Gungor...open up the love letter...and remind myself that He is making me new...and today...I stay the course...because if I stay the course...He ALWAYS brings it together in the end...

All this earth could all that is lost be found, could a garden come up from this ground at all?
You make beautiful things...You make beautiful things out of the dust...You make beautiful things...You make beautiful things out of us...
All around hope is springing up from this old ground, out of chaos life is being found in you...
You make beautiful things...You make beautiful things out of the dust...You make beautiful things...You make beautiful things out of us...

Grace n Peace,

A ~

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...your stepping on my toes! This is good. Really good. It was nice to be reminded of that passage in James.

    ReplyDelete