Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Adrift...In an Ocean called God...





I am floating.


Body buoyant. 


My toes float above water as the waves rock me about the blue waters. 


Salty waters rise over my eyes and flow into my mouth. My nose stays clear. 


Nostrils flare and grasp fresh air keeping me free to absorb the floating bliss of the ocean.


He speaks to my heart. 


"You are in an ocean of life. You float in a vast ocean of unknown. You are at my mercy and grace. I know it is uncomfortable. But you are free. I will not let the waters overtake you. They might lick at your cheeks and threaten to submerge you...but I will not let you drown."


I am overcome with the trueness of this moment...the feelings I've felt as of late...


Feelings of no control...of reckless abandon to the process of Him growing me...


Feelings of no security but Him...


I've felt...adrift at times...


Alone in an ocean of His vast Kingdom and floating...


I tell my closest and dearest, "I am fluid..." when asked of plans...


So to have this revelation in the middle of the ocean on a random Sunday afternoon...seems completely fitting...


Then it comes to me...Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you."

The Message version reads: "When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. 
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end—Because I am God, your personal God,  The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you"

I am rocked by this...wrecked as if my body has floated to the shore of safety after a long night floating adrift...

"I'll be there with you...you will not go down...I paid a huge price for you..."

He solidifies my faith again...I will not go down...

He is with me...always...

He paid for me...with His life...

Though I might be floating alone at times...the reality is I'm floating IN Him...He IS the ocean I'm IN...Wow...that's enough...that's more than enough...

Float on friends...float on...

Grace n Peace,

A ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment