Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

David Delights Me...

I'm currently in the book of II Samuel for my daily readings...I've been following the angst of David and Saul...or rather Saul FOR David...

I don't think there are any amazing things about David I could highlight that haven't already been written in 10,123 books...

For me...there is an overwhelming theme of the life of David...

He loved God enough to get past himself to seek Him out in EVERYTHING...

When it came to his pursuit of God, David allowed NOTHING even his own failures and pride to interrupt their connection.

It's quite beautiful really...this man...full of man-ness...humanity...who seeks God IN SPITE of himself...

Throughout my reading, I find David asking God daily about the daily mundane issues of his life..."God should I go here? Should I tackle this God? Who am I Lord? Thank you God..."

He was aware that he had nothing to offer but brazen in his passionate pursuit of the God that had called him. I think this is why people so connect with His story. He wasn't prideful or egotistical...just human. He fell so many times in so many predictable ways...yet he never thought twice about quitting God...even when it looked like God should leave him...

I find David inspiring and comforting...especially on those days where I am more human than spirit...He encourages my soul to pursue God even when I don't deserve to...

David lifts my heart to be a fool for God when others don't get me...(AKA Dancing in your underwear to praise God in front of your constituents)

He reminds me that God looks at the heart...and like God knew David was all in for Him...He knows I am also and this is where grace falls in the cracks of my shook up existence and cements my dwelling place in Him...

What comfort...what delight...it gives me the courage I need to pursue Him on the dimmest lit days and dance before Him on the brightest...

He is mine and I am His...

Grace N Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment