Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Between the living and the dead...

I've been riveted by one verse...

Numbers 16:48 "He stood between the living and the dead, and the plague stopped."

Moses was dealing with the sons of Korah who had risen up against he and Aaron with 250 other men...
God was fed up with their shenanigans...
In His anger, the Lord says he will "put an end to them at once"...
The earth splits apart and all 250 evil men fall into this cavern...

Shortly after...the Israelites begin to complain that Moses and Aaron have "killed the Lord's people".
God is angered...He tells Moses and Aaron to get out of the way so He can deal with these ungrateful people...Moses and Aaron...
They fall on their face...

Moses instructs Aaron to run to the altar and take coals...to provide incense to cover the people...Aaron goes throughout the people with incense trying to save their lives...many died...but many were saved...simply because Moses and Aaron had courage before the Lord...

They STOOD between the living and the dead. Created a barrier.

I find this subject immensely interesting...this courage with God. I think we walk around so scared to ask for Justice (even for those who don't deserve it) that we forget God can be prevailed upon...

He listens...
To those whose fall on their face...
Aaron and Moses were not running around shouting...making a big stink...
They fell on that their faces...an act of humble submission and courage...
They saved many...simply by not allowing God to forget their people...through requests and conversations with God...on their faces...

Beautiful....

Grace n Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment