Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Small Kind.

We stood in the wind and he pumped my gas. Divorce final a day before...we didn't have the words. "Baby...I can't take the hurt away...but I can fill up your tank." I didn't need the gas...but that simple act from my Daddy still stands out in my mind. I felt less alone...

I my patient on the floor of his room...he is undone. Blood oozes from the gash on his head. I help him to the wheelchair...He is all flail and none steady. Later as I set his meal before him he begins to weep...I rub his back and tell him not to worry...we all fall sometimes...It's ok...It's OK...
He eats his Alfredo with his hands trying to maintain some shred of decorum and pride...then sleeps peacefully.

She stands on the potty to avoid the germs in her classroom bathroom like I taught her...somehow she does not maneuver just right and ends up wet. Humiliated. She goes to the school nurse who says "Oh my! I've done the same thing!" She lights up as she tells me the story...grateful to not be alone in her predicament.

Small. Kindness.

I find it matters more to me and others than the giant generosities. I continue through my hazed fatigue to try to find ways to be small kind...
Generous kind...
I thank Him for the times I am the receiver of such small mercies...
They sustain the human soul...
Buoy...
Ignite the belief that life is good...

Grace n Peace,

A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment