Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Everything...(*warning might have some typos..a bit punchdrunk from sleep deprivation)

I'm reading this book called "Anything: The prayer that unlocked my God and my Soul" by Jennie Allen.

It's like a soul sister to "Radical" by David Platt.

I lay in bed last night after a long shift...and prayed..."Anything God...no wait...EVERYTHING God...
"
I'm afraid to leave anything out.

To withhold any pieces...

This year has brought a new perspective to my life viewing...it's all eternal...what could be considered trouble or trial...pales...and if I allow this thinking to pervade my selfish, humanistic mind I can appropriately place perspective on...well...EVERYTHING...

Everything feels as though it might turn out very very different for me...
I'm adventurous...when I pray everything...I envision Kenya...I envision the ends of the earth...and love it...

But for now...it looks like He is saying...YOUR everything...is right here...in Conway, AR...fleshing it out for my glory to two little girls...to others...worshipping me EVERYWHERE...

Admittedly, this is contrary to my radical mind...I think everything means extravangant tales of indigenous peoples saved to a loving powerful God...and it might...

But it also means living out love every day...in the laundry...on the job...at school...in the parent teacher conferences...in the...mundane...

It's quite radical...at least for me...
I know others would breathe sighs of relief for this seasonal calling...but it's been a challenge for my red headed personality and heart...

However, I find God sanctifying me through the mundane...the repriprocity of kindness in the small...the reconciliation to the simple...

I also find that when we pray everything...it probably looks vastly different than our idea of everything...
He knows what I need...

I find eternity based daily living so freeing...I don't fret...I'm completely at peace...

No funds? Have to work 16 hour shifts? No worries...this is momentary...

No idea about the next step? No worries...He will illuminate the footing in His time...

No strength? His is incredibly perfect...

Eternity...what a consolation to no longer live for me...Everything...

Everything...

Everything...

Grace n Peace,
A ~

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - yes, yes, me too!! This whole year has been about sanctification for me (still ongoing:) but I've been surprised, humbled that it mostly includes cooking dinner, helping with homework, doing laundry - trying to do all this with Jesus, for Him. Totally contrary to my personality (which I might have set up as an idol.) surprised that as I surrender more deeply, He has made my world smaller (at least for now) and cleaning and putting others first and doing the mundane is way outside my comfort zone. But feeling like He is shifting things around inside of me as I obey the smallest, most insignificant looking command in my day to day life.

    ReplyDelete