Welcome to My Royally Wrecked Space to Chill...



I hope you find comradery...I hope you find peace....I hope you find joy...I hope you find acceptance...I hope you feel loved...I hope you know that your are precious...chosen...and always welcome here...come sit a spell...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wide Open Spaces of Grace

I never stood tall.
I had the most beautiful shoes (thanks mom). I had gorgeous clothing.
I had the man. I had the kids. I had the house.
I had the talk.
I had the walk.
I had "it". The American Dream. Or so everyone and I thought...
But I never stood tall...
I'm studying Romans this week and read this passage in Chapter 5:
"We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand—out in the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise."
The beauty of this passage fills me...What a God...What a beautiful Lover....

Wide open spaces...the mere visual of this passage sets my heart soaring...
I read on...
6-8Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn't, and doesn't, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this sacrificial death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready. And even if we hadn't been so weak, we wouldn't have known what to do anyway. We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.
I am again flooded with the beauty of these words...
Really? He didn't wait for me to "get ready"? He put His love on the line for me? So I could simply...stand tall?
Wow...

This God...this Lover of my soul...Pursues me with reckless abandonment simply for...ME.

No ulterior motive...No secret plan...ME.

I was and still am of "no use whatsoever" to him...completely replaceable...yet he pursues...with fervor and kindness...he pursues...

This brings me to tears...
Back to the standing...I stand tall now.
Funny thing is, I own less shoes. I've lost all my possessions. I am homeless (in a sense). I don't have a spouse. 
I'm just standing...tall...because He IS...and I am in HIM...
And it's cool...Life is good. 
Some days are...lonely...
Some days are...slow...
Some days are...full of life...
Some days are...wreckers to the heart...
Some days are...pure bliss...
But I stand tall...because I've finally found my worth, my life, my identity in Him.
What a God. 
What a Lover.
He is mine. I am HIS. 

And for the first relationship in my life...We are both enough. I'm accepted. I'm loved. I'm free in Him. He is free in me. 

Incomparable wide open spaces...
Grace n Peace,
A ~

No comments:

Post a Comment